Raabta or no Raabta?

Hi all,

I missed you’ll, I was away from the blog for various reasons. Firstly few of my other work commitments, which roughly you’ll might have an idea already and will definitely be sharing more of it on the blog. Apart from that, I tried really hard to convince myself to watch a couple of movies that came out last month but just couldn’t get myself together for the same. But eventually June came in and the much talked about film Raabta for various reasons, the revamped version of the song starring Deepika Padukone, the onscreen and eventually turned into an off-screen Jodi Sushant –Kriti and also that super hyped location Budapest.


            
So anyways I was kind of convinced that chalo I will go watch this one surely. Last Friday I went for the film directed by Dinesh Vijan. I don’t know how to go about the facts as to what all went wrong in the film.



From the story to the script to those same old ghisa pita dialogues “Mujhe pehle aisa kisi ke sath nai laga” to creepy pichla janam connections and to over plastic or rubber coated Rajkumar Rao to the villain Jim Sarbh who seemed more like a weirdo. Couldn’t pick one thing that I could say I loved about the film.




Music of the film was anyways a bit too thanda except for the songs “Raabta” and “Ik vaari aa” which one can still hum to the tunes.




Costumes of the film are done by Anaita Shroff Adajania, don’t want to get into much of details here too as it was all so exaggerated be it the clothes or accessories in this era or a 1000 year old era. Why is it so difficult to portray a girl next door especially?



I actually don’t understand why can’t the audiences get to watch a movie where they can just step out and say aaj toh paisa vasool hogaya, kya film tha, why only Salman Khan or maybe Aamir Khan or Akshay Kumar movies have to incur all the Bollywood yearly losses, where is that whole cinema experience which as a kid we always looked forward to? It is fading away. We love commercial and real cinema, but I guess currently we are not getting either of the one.

As a viewer, or maybe a reviewer or as a small part of this industry I just hope this experience doesn’t fade away and we hope to see some better films In future which at least makes some sense. 
Looking forward to film TUBELIGHT releasing on the Eid this month and going for Despicable me 3.

Till then Happy weekend and lots love.

Cine Closet.


Comments

  1. Hello everyone. My name is Olga and I'm from Russia
    At the moment I'm in the process of writing my master's thesis on the use of blogs in education.
    Could you help me a little? Just answer the question here in the comments. Who do you consider the most handsome/beautiful actor/actress and the best director of all time?
    It can be one person or several people. I will be very grateful for your help.
    Beams of goodness all around, as we say in Russia.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts