90's Summer Nostalgia.

Hi guys,

  Hope you all are doing fabulous and enjoying the summer by travelling, spending time with your family or maybe just relaxing and being a tourist in your own city. Although sometimes the heat really hits us hard and we all start dreaming of rain showers and that cold breeze, I can already close my eyes and can imagine it….uff.

Anyways I am currently super bored of this IPL season and can’t wait for a lot of movies to come out, it’s been so boring. So for my work I tend to visit the malls and stores to source and shop, as if other wise I don’t. (Giggles.) So during this work exercise I came across a couple of outfits or rather pieces which totally reminded me of my favorite movies back then when I was a kid in the 90's.




So this summer season I have picked up five of my favorite elements from the movies and heroines I grew up watching, and tried them on, obviously with my own twist to it.


Scroll down to see them all.



KIRAN’S CORSET BELTS IN DARR

                              


So this trend has totally picked up in past few weeks, all the stores are selling these broad corset tie ups belts and girls are just wearing it over anything and everything. Who thought Kiran’s (Juhi Chawla) style file would be a rage now. But I chose a black criss cross tie-up corset instead of a belt and paired it with denim shorts and a simple t-shirt and not those skirts and blousons. It is fully elasticated and fits well on your body, wear it over any top and lift the look completely this summer without adding those extra bulky layers.



              












MILI’S KNOTTED DENIM SHIRT FROM RANGEELA



I think in past few years denim shirt has gone on to become a classic and every girl certainly owns one in her wardrobe. We wear it in various ways and pair it with different things now but Mili (Urmila Matondkar) back then in 1995 wore the oversized shirt knotted with a pair of rust high waist jeans, choker and that heavy buckle belt.  I tried on the denim shirt knotted with a denim skirt to create denim on denim look with the sneakers.







                 


























ANJALI’S TOM BOY DUNGAREES FROM KUCH KUCH HOTA HAI



So the whole point for Anjali aka Kajol to wear the dungarees in the film with the crew neck t-shirts and those hairbands was to give her a very anti-glam look as opposed to Tina. So I paired my dungarees with an off-shoulder crop top and a fun boho headband to make this into a glam summer outfit. And voila here was a modified version of your favorite character in the film.
















TINA’S CHOKER CUM NECK SCARF IN KUCH KUCH HOTA HAI







We all fancied Tina’s (Rani Mukherjee) avatar in the film, be it that statement metallic mini dress or that citrus colored co-ordinates she wears in her first scene or maybe her halter tops, but one trend which was unnoticed and is a big trend now s those printed or plain silk satin broad chokers and neck scarf, she wore it with her couple of looks. I tried on a couple of printed scarves with different tops, but to get that Tina look wore jeans, top and instead of a full blazer wore a sleeveless boyfriend blazer which is rather more practical for the summers.










THE UNDERRATED SKATER DRESS FROM THE 90’S




 Be it Simran from DDLJ or Nisha from Dil toh pagal hair or Mili from Rangeela or any other character in the 90’s, all these girls surely owned one mini dress be it in a solid color or printed. It fits you well till the waist and flares down from there and flatters every body type. We love this underrated trend, which is positively perfect for every girl in this weather.



















































                        

Hope you all loved these outfit ideas and will try it on this season for your next outing, and why not, since back then we all wanted to secretly look like our favorite diva.

Have fun shopping and dressing up and do share with me your favorite look out of all and stay tuned as this Sunday will be coming back with my views on upcoming films.

Love,

Cine Closet.





Comments

Popular Posts