Jab it completed 9 years..

Holiday season is almost coming to an end and we all are getting back to our daily routines. How we love spending our holidays by going on a vacation, meeting family and friends, watching movies or simply chilling at home. My favourite bit is watching movies at home. I am not at all one of those who would actually play the film on a DVD or will download it and watch it, I am one of those who randomly love flipping channels on TV and doing a happy dance if I come across one of my favourite films.




One such film that lead me to happy dance was Jab we met. Last week the film completed 9 years, and it was being showcased on television.




Stopped everything what I was doing and sat down to watch the film. I have almost lost the count that how many times I have seen it and the best part is I never watched it in the theatre. This is actually the only Bollywood film; I watched it on TV randomly and fell in love with it immediately. I guess I was in school when this film had released and all my friends were going gaga about it, even the trailer of the film didn’t intrigue me much and I was like why so much hype for this movie? Isn’t it like a regular romantic movie? But I guess I was wrong for this one. When I saw it then I realized its not just a regular romantic film, it totally had a masaledar tadka to it.



Before I sat to write, I was wondering what something special or something different I should write about the film, which has never been written or spoken about. Thought a lot, everybody has already praised its music enough or maybe talk about those Geet’s flamboyant character or maybe mention about some smart direction techniques by Mr. Imtiaz Ali or the chemistry, eventually I realized that the list is endless, and nothing is left that I can actually write about and say that it’s original.




Jab we met’s costumes anyways had created the buzz for pretty long be it Geet’s fun wardrobe created by Manish Malhotra or Aditya’s famous Black pathani and not so boring suits designed by Shabina Khan. Also not to forget to mention about Nandita Hegde and Roopa Sood who added beautiful colors on the screen by handling costumes for the rest of the cast. As soon as we saw the film didn’t we all want to be like bold yet soft hearted Geet with some cool fashion sense, so after a long while of thinking, I made up my mind that for a day I would live like Geet. Even if not completely like her but will try to adapt her mannerisms, her outfits and her fun attitude- Main apni favourite hoo types, tried my hand on all the things.


Her introductory scene, when she manages to catch the train with that entire luggage. White shirts are not just meant for boardrooms and boring offices, Simple white cotton shirt with kitsch add ons, clearly defined not just director’s vision but also the effort of the costume designer and Geet’s character sketch.











Geet surely knew how to wear salwar, be it for a comfortable sleepwear or her engagement scenes she rocked both the looks pretty well.


















Not to overlook those Punjabi juttis she paired with her outfits, for the first time we so asli sikhni on the screen.






All of us fell for those bright red nails. Geet gave us the trend of poppy red nail colors with those little extra long nails.





Last but not the least is nothing about attire but the skin of assertiveness Kareena wore for the role of Geet was beyond any wardrobe or styling. Geet surely gave too many life lessons in the film but one such strong lesson of the bold young independent girl was that its ok to do something and then regret and even if you regret its you only to be blamed for and nobody else. So brutal but positively true.




Cheers to nine years of Jab we met , the director- Imtiaz Ali and all the cast and crew of the film, who gave us such a simple yet beautiful film.

Love,

Cine Closet.









Comments

Popular Posts