Mere Ghar Ki Diwali.

Every year my Diwali day used to begin with my mom’s shouting. She always wanted us to wake up early in the morning, get ready and help her out with uncountable chores. But that never happened. We always woke up late and because of that couldn’t help her much with the morning chores and little tu tu main main was surely part of the big day.



This time for Diwali, I decided I should wake up on time and surprise her. I started my day early in the morning at 6.30.






 Woke up and got ready to hit the gym, after all, all that mithais and the food I was gonna pound on, had to be taken care of well in advance. So went to the gym for almost one and a half hours and kept myself hydrated. Managed to do some cardio workout, which really helped me survive the rest of my day.




I ran back home as had to work for a bit on my blog, wished my family and sat down to work on my ae dil hai mushkil costume review post. Didn’t even realized how time flew away, it was already time for breakfast! Diwali at home almost calls for a feast, be it breakfast or dinner. Had idlis and some piping hot assorted pakodas. P.S- I told you my workout was going to help me survive. Post that was left with no time to continue working on my blog, had to get to some serious business.





By serious business I mean, I had to go Fruit and flower shopping with my dad. Had to get a few things for the pooja. Went to the local market instead of those supermarkets, the prices were all hiked due to the festive season. Picked up some variety of fruits after some serious bargaining. Loved the energy in the air. 

Then after fruits, went to pick up traditional genda phools and some torans, uff it was madness! Instead of color rangoli, I prefer making rangoli with flowers so picked up a kilo of flowers. The sight at the shop was so colorful and vibrant.

Post that hushed to the salon, Diwali just doesn’t mean working hard and cleaning, it also refers to grooming and dressing up at your best. Was already late for my appointment, but thanks to lesser traffic on the streets some how managed to make it just about the time. Three hours passed by then back to house, getting ready and rushed to few of my friend’s house to give them Diwali gifts.





On my way back followed the family tradition and stopped by at the gurudwara. I guess that’s the best part, it so peaceful and calming even if you are just there for two minutes. Already had started getting calls from my mom in all these while, it was almost 6 and had to go home and make rangoli and setup for the pooja with my sister. Did that while listening to my favourite Bollywood music and tapping on those songs.





It seemed like a never-ending day seriously. Didn’t you guys also feel the same? Post the set up got ready.Wore a sunflower yellow custom made outfit and clicked a few mandatory selfies and pictures with family.












 Had a few guests come over to house to exchange the wishes. Finally the pooja was done and ate some delicious homemade food. It was a cracker free and environment friendly Diwali for us. After all of this, managed to meet few of my more friends late in the night, was exhausted but it was so much fun catching up with all on this day.

It was a super long and exhausting day but totally worth it. Made the most of the day, hope all of you also spent some time with your families and friends and made it a filmy day full of happiness.

Happy New Year Guys and hope you all have a great year ahead filled with light.

Love,


Cine Closet.

Comments

Popular Posts