Ticket to La La Land.

Morning,

 It seems to be like a relaxing Sunday today, unlike last Sunday when we were curing our hangovers and gearing up for New Year resolutions. Its already been a week through the month of January, hoping the best and the most positive energy from the universe.


So, this post is just about my general heart pouring, no reviews, no critical details and no technical names, don’t even want to mention the name of the director of the film. Had been planning to watch La La Land since I had heard about it in September I guess, was waiting for the film eagerly, not for the fact that OMG its going to be an awesome movie or something, just the whole look of the film reminded me of Notebook for some weird reason not only because of Ryan Gosling but just the mood, and P.S: I loved notebook, so had to wait for this one.(Girl crushes you know)



Then finally when it came out in December, there were plenty of excuses of course to miss out on the film, limited show timings, power packed December month with work, weddings, festivals and more work, as time was passing the shows were reducing to almost nil. December got over but I still had hopes, Sunday morning on 1st Jan, woke up and checked that silly ticket-booking app, and there was only one show in a theatre in my vicinity. Told my sister that we are watching this film on Monday by hook or by crook and you wont believe the iklauta show that I found was of 10.30 in the night, I hate watching movies so late in the night, half of the time people are yawning in the theatre and looking at them even you start yawning.




Ok coming back to Monday morning, I asked one of my friends also to join in and he agreed to accompany, so the responsibility of booking the tickets was his. So the day passed by and it was the night to watch the much-awaited movie, made it five minutes in advance so I don’t miss out on it that showed my enthusiasm at its best.



So the movie begins, with a neck-to-neck traffic jam, people waiting in the cars and dying of boredom, a girl starts singing and dancing on the street and many many more join her, the mood changes from a negative one to the upbeat one and that’s how we say welcome to La La Land. Ryan Gosling, our Jazz Pianist Munda (The Boy *) is too cute as always and shares great chemistry with our Kudi (The Girl*) Emma Watson who works at a coffee shop in Hollywood and aspires to be an actress.



Each and every frame of the film is so beautifully shot, the colors, the dances, the music, the mood, the dramatic and yet not so dramatic backgrounds and those costumes against them, the electric blue refrigerator or that vintage car, or maybe the broken screen of the Iphone nailed it and how. There were some great technical skills involved in the making and yes that detailing.  The movie surely had its negatives and positives. How much ever I want to go into features I am stopping myself to do so.






They both want to make big in their lives and have dreams, they fail time and again but support each other with all they can. And finally that day comes in their lives, his dream of opening a jazz club is fulfilled and she making on to the billboards in the city, and how their lives change after that. 




My ticket to La La Land surely taught me one thing, that one should never stop dreaming, so here’s a big shout out to new year, new dreams in our very own little la la land, which will surely come true.

Love,

Cine Closet.

Comments

Popular Posts