REVIVAL OF FASHION.

Hello , all my reader friends...I know we all are excited since its FRIYAY!! Come on who doesn't love fridays after all that hectic week of hard work and crazy calls we love planning our weekends!But for me Friday was a bit of a tough day.

Festivals in India are not just the time to do pooja and splurge in those amazing sweets , it also means cleaning your whole house ,and yes it includes that messy wardrobe too. There isn't a single time I open my wardrobe and say to myself ohh no.. I don't have anything to wear but everyone knows what actually the truth is , in reality its so full that there is no negative space also in the wardrobe . I had no option but to clean my closet now as the trail of festivals has begun from Ganesh Chaturthi . With all my courage and willpower I pulled up my socks and started to sort and see what stuff I need to keep and discard the ones that are totally not in fashion . Thats when it clicked my mind that fashion is something that doesn't really evolve it keeps coming back or maybe like  REVIVAL OF FASHION. 

 Like those flared jeans were a part of 70s and they made a come back in 2000s I even had a few pairs back then in 2004 but then i discarded them as soon as those skinny ones came in and now when these flared jeans have made a comeback on the screen and racks of the stores I regret my action . 

This made me change my mind, and I decided  that the clothes, jewelry and those oversized glasses that I had taken out to discard are now going to be packed and treasured so, whenever a similar style or fashion revives and makes a comeback I can go back and take out stuff from my treasure . All I needed was a carton box and a marker (to note down what i am storing) and little space from mom in the store room . 

After all fashion never dies it usually just goes on a vacation or takes a sabbatical and comes back with a bang so, save yourself some money (other than your worn out ones ) and the next time if you are thinking of tossing out those perfectly cool pair of pants or a blouse please don't do that try saving it for the future . 
I'll try to justify my word above with a few pictures below . 

The Chokers.
Chokers are all around our favorite stores in the mall and on the street. Be it Velvet, suede leather, mesh, lace, crystal and many many more. Not only us but our favorite fashionistas from Bollywood are also sporting this trend.But did you'll know Zeenat Aman and many more beauties have already sported this Choker decades back.Lets see for how long Chokers last.
Ps- Even I have been bitten off by Choker trend. Check it out.




Knotted Polka Blouses.


I think Polka Dot Print has been Bollywood's favorite textile print for sure. We saw this print in various forms from unbreathable tight fitted suits or Queen of the retro season Zeenat Aman wearing it as Knotted blouse or Saris. We also saw a version of that knotted blouse in a smaller print on Dimple Kapadia in Bobby. Polka Print went through many stages but the same style has made its comeback and we saw it on Prachi Desai as well.Who doesn't Love to Show-off that well toned mid -riff , especially when it comes to our bollywood divas.


The Oversized Bow Headbands.

Not going much in details for this one, I think all our square scarves (especially the red ones) should never be discarded as this retro cum boho trend always keeps coming back in our films and our Closets. Be it  Saira Banu or Vidya Balan or Sharmila Tagore or Deepika Padukone, they all love their red head bands be it plain or printed.


The Flares.

Our current favorite silhouette and maybe our mom's favorite too. The flared or the Bell Bottom Pants, or wait we have a modern word as well for it "Pallazos". We have been seeing these Pants in old Movies being sported by Hema Malini following it on our style icon Zeenat Aman who made these Pants a rage literally. Did I forget to mention there is always a comeback, then we saw Kareena wearing those pants as Flared Jeans and how can I forget we saw an Indian version of it as well in our favorite song "Bol Choodiyan" from Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham. Come on we all explained that style to the masterji for the wedding season not because it was just a trend but a dance friendly outfit as well. Yet again it made a comeback with the film Cocktail and since then it hasn't faded away. Recently Kareena sported them as well in Ki and Ka. Pallazos are literally available in all our favorite Brands, Colors, Styles and Lengths. I can literally live in them as they are so comfortable and fluid.Ps- We are also wearing them with our Kurtas. 


The UmraoJaan Look.

This one I literally came across while I was typing this post, I saw a glimpse of Anushka Sharma from her Latest film trailer "Ae Dil Hai Mushkil." I am guessing its her wedding scene in the film and it totally looks like its inspired from Rekha's famous film "UmraoJaan"


I hope I have justified my above situation of trends and style going on vacation and always coming back. Do share your views with me and also come back on Sunday to check out my Fashion Review on Baar Baar Dekho , till then Happy weekends. CHEERS!


Comments

Popular Posts